Mama Tang's Delicious Dumplings / Potstickers
A perfect pairing of Mama Tang's sauce with her friends recipe for Delicious Dumplings!
- 12 oz. ground pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 cups finely chopped napa cabbage
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
- 8 oz. peeled, raw shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing (Chinese rice wine) or dry sherry
- 36 very thin, 3-inch circular, of your favorite pot sticker wrappers
- 1 bottle of Classic Original or Spicy Flavor Mama Tang's Sweet Asian Vinaigrette!
Prepare the Dumpling Filling:
- In a medium bowl, toss the cabbage with 2 teaspoon of salt and set aside for 30 minutes to shed moisture. Wring out in a clean kitchen towel to extract as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage with the pork, shrimp, scallions, garlic, Shaoxing, ginger, soy sauce, seasame oil, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir until well mixed. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
Fill the Dumplings:
- Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons of the filling into a dough wrapper. Fold it in half, then pinch at the center of the curved edge and pleat towards the center on both sides to create a round belly. This wider shape allows the dumplings to sit upright in the pan and form a flat surface for browning.
- Arrange the dumpling in a single layer onto a plate; slightly spacing them apart, so they do not stick together.
Pan-Fry the Dumplings:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy-duty 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Quickly arrange the dumplings belly side down in concentric circles starting from the outer edge.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to cover about 1/3 of the dumplings and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove lid, reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the dumplings are dry and crisp on the bottom. Loosen the dumplings from the pan with a spatula.
- Invert the pan over and flip the dumplings (brown side up) onto a plate.
- Serve immediately with Mama Tang's!
Makes 36 Dumplings / Potstickers!
Option: purchase Wei Chuan Chicken, Vegetable or Pork Poststickers at Hong Kong Market or Viet Hoa!
MAMA TANG'S RECIPES
This stuff tastes amazingly great on almost everything I have tried it on so far, and not just salad! I use to be a strictly Honey Mustard kind of guy, but this dressing has got me seeing the things in a different light now! Definately tangy and flavorful!
~ Anthony C., Houston, TX
I received my bottle of Mama Tang's Sweet Asian Vinaigrette quickly after ordering on your website, and I could taste the Homemade Freshness in each and every bite. A big difference from all of the other mass produced dressing out there today!
~ Melanie F., San Diego, CA
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love your Mama Tang's Asian Vinaigrette! I have begun to put aside 3 days a week just so I can have a huge salad topped with Mama Tang's, and as a result I have also lost 3 lbs. in the process without even realizing it! Incredible!
~ Susan T., Dallas, TX
Mama Tang's has a unique flavor of Eastern tangy sweet and Western smooth. This vinaigrette's flavor is wonderful! Both my wife and I love this so we only need to have one bottle of salad dressing when we are eating lunch or dinner. I am going to buy more as gift for families and friends!
~ Tyler H., Ft. Worth, TX