Mama Tang's Delicious Dumplings / Potstickers
A perfect pairing of Mama Tang's sauce with her friends recipe for Delicious Dumplings!
- 12 oz. ground pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 cups finely chopped napa cabbage
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
- 8 oz. peeled, raw shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing (Chinese rice wine) or dry sherry
- 36 very thin, 3-inch circular, of your favorite pot sticker wrappers
- 1 bottle of Classic Original or Spicy Flavor Mama Tang's Sweet Asian Vinaigrette!
Prepare the Dumpling Filling:
- In a medium bowl, toss the cabbage with 2 teaspoon of salt and set aside for 30 minutes to shed moisture. Wring out in a clean kitchen towel to extract as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage with the pork, shrimp, scallions, garlic, Shaoxing, ginger, soy sauce, seasame oil, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir until well mixed. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
Fill the Dumplings:
- Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons of the filling into a dough wrapper. Fold it in half, then pinch at the center of the curved edge and pleat towards the center on both sides to create a round belly. This wider shape allows the dumplings to sit upright in the pan and form a flat surface for browning.
- Arrange the dumpling in a single layer onto a plate; slightly spacing them apart, so they do not stick together.
Pan-Fry the Dumplings:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy-duty 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Quickly arrange the dumplings belly side down in concentric circles starting from the outer edge.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to cover about 1/3 of the dumplings and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove lid, reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the dumplings are dry and crisp on the bottom. Loosen the dumplings from the pan with a spatula.
- Invert the pan over and flip the dumplings (brown side up) onto a plate.
- Serve immediately with Mama Tang's Original or Spicy!
Makes 36 Dumplings / Potstickers!
Option: purchase Wei Chuan Chicken, Vegetable or Pork Poststickers at Hong Kong Market or Viet Hoa!
MAMA TANG'S RECIPES
Mama Tang's Pork Chops
All you need to make Perfect Pork Chops is a bottle of Mama Tangs! Choose between Original or Spicy for some added Magic to your Meats!
Read More »
This stuff tastes amazingly great on almost everything I have tried it on so far, and not just salad! I use to be a strictly Honey Mustard kind of guy, but this dressing has got me seeing the things in a different light now! Definately tangy and flavorful!
~ Anthony C., Houston, TX
I received my bottle of Mama Tang's Sweet Asian Vinaigrette quickly after ordering on your website, and I could taste the Homemade Freshness in each and every bite. A big difference from all of the other mass produced dressing out there today!
~ Melanie F., San Diego, CA
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love your Mama Tang's Sweet Asian Vinaigrette! I have begun to put aside 3 days a week just so I can have a huge salad topped with Mama Tang's, and as a result I have also lost 3 lbs. in the process without even realizing it! Incredible!
~ Susan T., Dallas, TX
Mama Tang's has a unique flavor of Eastern tangy sweet and Western smooth. This vinaigrette's flavor is wonderful! Both my wife and I love this so we only need to have one bottle of salad dressing when we are eating lunch or dinner. I am going to buy more as gift for families and friends!
~ Tyler H., Ft. Worth, TX